Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Little Church on the Square (Georgetown Flashback #4)

I'm drawn to old churches, anyway, 
but this one just a few steps off of the courthouse square in Georgetown, Texas, 
especially caught my eye, 
with its castle-like, fleur-de-lis tipped architecture. 

  
But what I loved most about it (as you'll see) 
were the windows, the clapboard siding, 
and the pretty red flowers lining the ramp.





Beautiful combination, right?
It doesn't take much to make me smile.

It's now the home of the Georgetown Heritage Society
Very fitting.

12 comments:

  1. very nice. i do like that un-steeplish steeple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the shape of those church windows ~ so beautiful. They just don't make beautiful buildings any more like this. Lovely.
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hii Barbara,
    what a great couple of shots..the flowers show up so well against that white background..ox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures and awesome photography. Really you have taken some great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful church. love the red flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty church as well as your photos. Looks like it once was a Presbyterian or Methodist church.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Barbara, and someone is doing a beautiful job of maintaining it. So nice to see that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooohhh, you had me at the fleur de lis tips! This looks like a church in St. Gabriel, LA that my mother attended as a girl. It also is on the historic register.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - how perfectly charming it is. And made out of wood. Fabulous shots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous day and a lovely church. Your photographs are terrific. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Barbara,
    I tried to leave you a comment yesterday and my computer crashed.
    I love the old church and the wild flowers. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Take a minute to share your thoughts and make my day!