Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Friday Night Lights (the Homecoming Episode)

Monday has come and gone, and I'm still drowning in to-do's.

Part of it is because I took hundreds of photos over the class reunion weekend - I'm trying to edit and post those before my weekend at the coast... which is just a day or two away! 
(I still haven't finished editing my coast photos from last year, or my Florida photos from July, so you can see why I'm nervous.)

Most of the reunion photos I'm just posting on Facebook for friends, but here are a few I took from the Homecoming football game last Friday night that I think you'll enjoy.

Hope you're having a great week!



I don't know this cute couple but they posed for me, anyway. Sweet kids!
Homecoming mums - do other states (or countries?) do this, or is it just a Texas thing?





It's alive! (A mom was wearing this one.)



We're special.



I loved the Gator standing out there. So solemn. 



The 'other' team exploded out of the Gator's mouth in a cloud of steam!



My team is old school, crashing through a paper banner made by the cheerleaders.
I like old school best. What do you think?



Paying respect to the flag and our country. 
Glad some things never change.



Who needs fancy stadium seats?



I actually watched some football this time.
Some things do change!



Halftime is still my favorite part though. 
Can you believe these are high school girls? They were awesome.

No, I wasn't one of them, way back when.
(I kinda wish I was, though. Just too chicken back then.)



But I was Homecoming Queen, 35 years ago or so, so I'm posting this one of the newly crowned HQ, even though it's blurry.
(I'm still not sure my zoom is back to 100%.)

Congratulations, whoever you are, and good luck on the rest of your life! 
There will be ups and downs, but I hope you continue to be blessed, as I have.


Homecoming means coming home to what is in your heart. ~ Author Unknown

~~ Have you returned to your old high school since graduation? ~~
For more on my Homecoming homecoming, go HERE





8 comments:

  1. i gotta tell you, i never heard of homecoming mums until i moved to texas. wis. sure didn't do them.

    and you were homecoming queen! how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara,

    I have never heard of mums at homecoming either. But it is a pretty tradition.
    Looks like you had a really good time at the game.
    And I thought you looked like a homecoming queen with that smile of yours.You must have been a popular girl.

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally started making those homecoming corsages... they were danged expensive to buy!

    The photos turned out great! I've never seen a team entry quite like that one with the gator head. Guess that means I'm definitely old school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to chuckle at the seat cushions! LOL No pretense there, just make do. The players coming out of the gator's mouth must've been very dramatic. Love these shots. Looks like so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There will be ups and downs.

    Life can be simple and still be hard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In Florida- the kids just get a large Mum but my sister's daughters over in Shreeveport, LA make huge flowers like these with the long ribbons the school colors that hang to their knees.It's neat to see how different areas celebrate!

    ReplyDelete

Take a minute to share your thoughts and make my day!