Sunday, August 7, 2011

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine...

...You make me happy when skies are gray.
You'll never know dear, how much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away.

~ Jimmie David and Charles Mitchell



I grew up with that song in my heart in the voice of my mother.
In turn, I sang it to my kids.

They say you should write what you know. 
It stands to reason you should photograph what you have, then doesn't it? 

Well, right now, I have plenty of sunshine in my face
and songs of sunshine in my heart 
(plus a few quotes)
so I thought I should share them with you.




Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy.
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry.
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely.
Sunshine almost always makes me high.

~ John Denver



No matter how far the sun shines,
Still it must set.
 ~ Ferdinand Raimund


A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
~ Steve Martin



Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead. 
~ Louisa May Alcott



He that will enjoy the brightness of sunshine, must quit the coolness of the shade. 
~ Samuel Johnson



The hopeful man sees success where others see failure, sunshine where others see shadows and storm.
~ O.S. Marsden



Just living is not enough. 
One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.
~ Hans Christian Andersen




Some people are making such thorough preparation for rainy days that they aren't enjoying today's sunshine.  ~ William Feather




Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.
~ Anthony J. D'Angelo





We grow by dreams. All big men are dreamers. Some of us let dreams die, but others nourish and protect them, nurse them through the bad days ... to the sunshine and light which always come. 
~ Woodrow Wilson




The sun lay like a friendly arm across her shoulder.
~ Margorie Kinnan Rawlings



Keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadow.
~ Helen Keller





I need to laugh, and when the sun is out
I've got something I can laugh about.
I feel good in a special way.
I'm in love and it's a special day.
Good day sunshine.

~the Beatles





13 comments:

  1. Barb, these are awesome! Excellent work with the prompt!
    That second one is my favorite. Wait no, the one with the hat.
    ha! See? Can't pick.
    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful images.. that one with the hat is exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved them all...but the last one is my fav! Beautiful photos and lovely sunshine sayings with ech one! you have such a gift!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...all of these are fantastic, but that second one I almost fell out of my chair when I saw it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work! I love the quotes too!

    http://www.thewayiseeitthroughmylens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What amazing golden shots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The second shot of sunrays looks like a sacred teepee ~ beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sang that song all the time to my youngest daughter ... she still loves it today at 24.
    Awesome post and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barbara, thank you so much for sharing the lovely images and the many uplifting quotes. What brilliant little wisdoms. I love the one by Anthony J. D'Angelo in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are some terrific shots Barbara! I think the second one is my favorite.

    I'm glad you have sunshine in your face and in your heart. That sounds like a perfect combination!

    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sang that song to both of my kids Barbara!!
    Your photographs here are wonderful. You have captured some amazing light.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All gorgeous photos but I especially like the last one with the sun pouring through the curtains :-)
    Cheers, jj

    ReplyDelete

Take a minute to share your thoughts and make my day!