Friday, September 9, 2011

Goodbye, Summer! I'll Miss You!


Nobody on the road,
nobody on the beach.
I feel it in the air,
the summer's out of reach.

Empty lake, empty streets,
the sun goes down alone.
I'm driving by your house
though I know you're not home...

And I can see you
your brown skin shining in the sun
you got your hair combed back
and sunglasses on, baby

and I can tell you
my love for you will still be strong
after the boy of summer have gone.

~Don Henley

Some images from this past weekend... 
one last summer hurrah! with kids and friends in a lakehouse near Lake LBJ,
 a constant level lake that can be counted on for summer fun 
(even during historic droughts like ours, Hallelujah!)

We arrived Sunday evening but packed a lot (of photos) into the next 24 hours...


Any moose in Texas would surely be a 'lost moose'!




My favorite spot!


My boys and Tommy's college friend, Ryan. 
Seems like only yesterday... and yet, forever ago... that they were freshmen.


Never know what you'll find when you're looking for an extension cord.


Tom and I headed off for a walk...


...with our grandpuppy, Josie.


Loved this old gnarly tree.


Came across this tribute to "Julie", obviously a beloved pet.


Next adventure - the lake (well, a branch off of it.) 
And look what we found!


Not actually one of our group, but they did zip around the day before.


I want one of these at our house.


A couple of lovebirds I spotted in the grass.


Get ready...


Swing!

Ah, that was fun.

12 comments:

  1. I so agree!! Summer is slipping away, each nite it gets darker minute by minute. The weekends of swimming with my grandsons are coming to a close and they (and me) are not ready for that. They always had a contest of whose fingers and toes shriveled up the most. BUT, this weekend we are hitting the pool again,a few more weeks to enjoy the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's what I love most about Texas - we can keep enjoying "summer" stuff in Autumn. Have a great weekend with those grandsons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looked like such a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a great time had by all. loved that tree and laughed at the 'lost' moose! indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at the beautiful weather you are still having ~ and so much fun! Love the "Julie" rock ~ so cute!

    Hope you are having a happy weekend Barbara!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like such a relaxing place! Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a perfect place to enjoy family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Lake looks like a lovely kick-back spot. These photos of good times will stay with you - if you can find them a year later. (grin)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful place, looks like a fun weekend.
    I am not ready for summer to end. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  10. those last summer hurrahs are the BEST....what fun photos !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like such a wonderful time Barbara!
    I absolutely LOVE that deck.
    I could spend a lot of time there!

    ReplyDelete

Take a minute to share your thoughts and make my day!