Sunday, May 1, 2011

New Arrivals in Long Hollow (Happy May Day!)




We need rain, but bless their hearts, 
the wildflowers are giving it their best shot without it!
I, for one, am very grateful.

They inspire me to keep going,
 prove to me its possible to bloom, 
even when circumstances aren't lending a hand in your favor.








"Never yet was a springtime, when the buds forgot to bloom."
-  Margaret Elizabeth Sangster



"Everything is blooming most recklessly; 
if it were voices instead of colors, 
there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night." 

-  Rainer Maria Rilke





"Spring is God's way of saying, 'One more time!' "

-  Robert Orben 




"Every spring is the only spring - a perpetual astonishment."
-  Ellis Peters 







"Be like a flower and turn your face to the sun."
- Kahlil Gibran






"Poetry is the silence and speech between a wet struggling root of a flower and a sunlit blossom of that flower." 
-  Carl Sandburg 






"Queer things happen in the garden in May.  
Little faces forgotten appear, and plants thought to be dead suddenly wave a green hand to confound you." 
-  W. E . Johns 






"The world's favorite season is the spring. 
All things seem possible in May."
-  Edwin Way Teale





10 comments:

  1. It is amazing how wildflowers can thrive without being fed. That last one is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love wildflowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara,
    Beautiful! The strength of wildflowers should inspire me too; however, I am already trying to figure out a way to avoid Monday!
    I agree with Jill -- that last one if amazing! Love the color and the clarity of the close-up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful light and clarity! Hurray for the humble and determined wildflower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness! What beautiful flowers! I'm especially smitten with that last one. What is it? I don't think I've ever seen that around here. Lovely quotes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm.... purples yellows and reds... spring is here indeed! :)
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each and every one of these is truly magnificent Barbara! Whenever I see several photos on someone's blog, I always try to pick my favorite. For the first time, I cannot!!
    Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are amazing and beautiful photos you continue to capture...the joy you have for your photography is so evident with these wonderful pictures.
    ox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent tones, with a magical light that permeates the work of delicacy and call gives an exquisite beauty

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is the first time for me to see your blog. There are many beautiful flowers and good poems. I like them very much.

    ReplyDelete

Take a minute to share your thoughts and make my day!