Friday, April 29, 2011

In Awe

Tuesday night, 8pm, I left a meeting to discover the most amazing cloud sculpture waiting for me, reflecting the setting sun. 


Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, 
but to add color to my sunset sky.  
~Rabindranath Tagore

I reached for my camera and remembered - I had rushed from the house, late for the meeting, forgetting not only my camera, but also my phone.


There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds.  
~G.K. Chesterton

I could only pray Tom spotted the cloud, too, and thought to snap some photos, or that it would last until I got home.
Both prayers were answered.
The first two are his - the cloud had started breaking up a little by the time I grabbed the camera for this next one, but not much.



...And great cloud-continents of sunset-seas.  
~Thomas Bailey Aldrich, "Miracles"


I'm grateful these were the clouds in our sky ... awe-inspiring but not in the monstrous way of the tornadoes that left so much death and devastation east of us. Please join me in praying for those now in mourning, picking up the pieces of their lives, that they feel the light in their heart that inspires them to keep going.

10 comments:

  1. What a gift! The color and formation of those clouds is incredible. So glad you were able to capture it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! I have never seen a cloud formation even close to this. It almost looks like an atomic bomb exploded but in a good way. That is something else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What serendipity Barbara!
    These images are just gorgeous!
    Surely prayers are being said here.

    I hope you have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What amazing photos Barbara! I've never seen a cloud like this! I'm so glad it did not come with nasty weather. Mother Nature is truly powerful isn't she?

    Wishing you a lovely weekend!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow and more wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing captures. Must have been something else to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brillant colour! I love cloud sculptures too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what incredible shots! It almost looks like a bomb went off. You definitely don't see clouds form like that to often.

    ReplyDelete

Take a minute to share your thoughts and make my day!