Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fresh from the Garden...


...Just not my garden - which is the countryside surrounding me here in the Hollow. 



A sweet friend handed this gorgeous bouquet to me this weekend.



Despite a beautiful, mini-thunderstorm this afternoon, we're still deep in a drought and the surrounding countryside is puckered up like it sucked on a lemon. 



Wildflowers make a valiant effort, but wither in the convection-oven dry heat.



I think I've said this before, 
but we need rain!


In the meantime, I'll gaze at these while they last and dream of color.




11 comments:

  1. Wow - so delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend who brings you such lovely flowers is a good friend to have! These are lovely Barbara!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, WOW, and more WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous vibrant color Barbara!
    Each of these is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, these are so pretty. I have come to believe that some of you photo people just have a talent and it isn't a professional camera that does the job, it is the talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all! Technobabe, that is one of the sweetest things anyone has ever said to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must have an amazing garden Barbara!!
    These are all just gorgeous. So much beautiful vibrant color. The light is wonderful in each of these. It truly feels like spring!!

    Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's a dreary sunday in my neck of the woods, glad i clicked on to your bright blooms to cheer me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful bouquet! What a sweet friend you have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous. These colors are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oula la!!! I loooove those pink and yellow!!!!

    have a happy week!,
    elena

    ReplyDelete

Take a minute to share your thoughts and make my day!