Tuesday, May 31, 2011

By the side of the road and beyond

Wild grasses and flowers 
line our caliche road like spectators on a parade route, 
greeting the puppies and me each morning as we pass by. 

The crowds are thinning in the summer temperatures, 
but a few hardy souls still cheer me on my way.





Unfortunately, I find other things along the road besides flowers.


Ugh.


Colors are fading, 
but if I move off the road, 
I can still find patches of vibrant pinks, purples, oranges and reds... 








Closer to the house, 
my bougainvillea isn't wild, 
but it satisfies my craving for color 
(as long as I remember to water it!)


Next up... crape myrtles!
Stay tuned!

14 comments:

  1. you are amazing..you even make the rubbish trash look good...your sense of color and movement in your photos is such a pleasure to view..I am so very glad to be able to come to your blog and enjoy seeing what photos you have taken...thank you for this!
    ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate litter bugs! I can't believe in this day and age there are still so many of them around. They certainly know how to mess up beautiful scenery!

    Now speaking of watering... I best get outside and water my flowers this morning! Thanks for the reminder! :)

    Happy Week Barbara!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work !
    Have a nice day...

    Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's art in just about everything.. even rubbish at the side of the road. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merveilleuse nature !
    Dommage que l'homme vienne tout gâcher...
    Bonne journée,

    Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your wildflowers! Mexican hats are a big favorite of mine. I bought bougainvillea last year and it didn't survive the winter. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful Barbara!
    I've not seen a pack of cigarettes look so good! :-)
    Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Photos are beautiful. Love the dog in the background. People are so stupid!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What marvellous shots.. .just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooo your flowers are gorgeous...love that second one...and then the rust & yellow again toward the end...

    ReplyDelete
  11. AMAZING selection of photographs! The mix of colors in each photo are beautiful. Keep up the great work and positives vibes. (-:

    Have a lovely weekend! =(^.^)=

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your photos, especially the one with the dog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Miss all the bougainvillea we had around our home in Arizona. The color was so vivid year round.

    DI

    ReplyDelete

Take a minute to share your thoughts and make my day!