Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Morning Walk

A morning walk cures just about anything, especially a morning walk along a dirt road in early spring,
 and especially if two goofy dogs tag along.
These are images from my walks the past two mornings...
(I take way too many photos.)


The night walked down the sky with the moon in her hand.  
~Frederick L. Knowles




An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day. 
~ Henry David Thoreau






Thoughts come clearly while one walks.  
~Thomas Mann






Above all, do not lose your desire to walk.  Every day I walk myself into a state of well-being and walk away from every illness.  I have walked myself into my best thoughts, and I know of no thought so burdensome that one cannot walk away from it.  ~Soren Kierkegaard





Me thinks that the moment my legs begin to move, my thoughts begin to flow.  
~Henry David Thoreau 





Walks.  The body advances, while the mind flutters around it like a bird.  
~Jules Renard





Walking is good for solving problems - it's like the feet are little psychiatrists.  
~Pepper Giardino





Angels whisper to a man when he goes for a walk. 
~ Raymond Inmon






What really helps motivate me to walk are my dogs, who are my best pals.  
They keep you honest about walking because when it's time to go, 
you can't disappoint those little faces.  
~Wendie Malick






Walking gets the feet moving, the blood moving, the mind moving.  
And movement is life.  
~Carrie Latet






A dog is one of the remaining reasons why some people can be persuaded to go for a walk.  ~O.A. Battista





My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. 
 She's ninety-three today and we don't know where the hell she is.  
~Ellen DeGeneres


This is my contribution to Jan@twoscoopz's Focus 52 project - the theme this week is 'the view from here' - and this post pretty much summed it up for me!

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. Make me wish I were there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's impossible to take too many photos.

    Lovely shots as usual, love the fence posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had a road like your to walk down every day. It so reminds me our the road in front o f my childhood home in Virginia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walking is vital for the well being of the soul as well as for the body!

    Love all your shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some lovely images here.. and great matching quotes. You can never take too many photos though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never too many photos, in fact, I'm getting to the point that I almost know your morning walk myself!!

    Some really great images here, Barbara! And that one of Belle lying down...precious!

    "Me Thinks" by Thoreau...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how I love these photos. Reminds me of the places I go for my nature shots. Simply wonderful! Love the quotes you paired with them. This is my favorite since I went walking last night for the express purpose of clearing my head to figure some things out for myself:

    Walking is good for solving problems - it's like the feet are little psychiatrists.
    ~Pepper Giardino

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone for assuring me it's impossible to take too many photos! I will click away with no guilt. I'm glad you enjoyed the walk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blog post and I agree with everyone else..you can never take too many shots..just looking for that one that makes you smile.. I love the one you have of your dogs!..and Ellen's quote! Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful views of your daily walk -- i love the small details of the everyday world, and am amazed at how they change for week to week. happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such wonderful memories of your walk. It must have been beautiful. I love the quotes, especially the last one!! Thank you for the smile!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your walks and your sweet dogs! I want to come. Nice view!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A delightful walk indeed. Such a beautiful view.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you enjoyed the walk! I travel almost the same path every day, but it truly is amazing how many new things I see every day and how much they change. Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think my favorite of the series is the close up on the little purple flowers at the base of the cactus.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely walk! I agree that is is not possible to take too many photos. It is, however, possible to take too few, which is my problem. So I'm living vicariously through your photos!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. GREAT shots! I love taking walks like this around my neighbourhood. You captured so many lovely little moments.
    The last one is my absolute favourite though. Do you remember the tv show, "The Littlest Hobo?" I'm not sure if it was Canadian or not, so maybe no. Your photo brought it to mind. A German Sheppard who travels from place to place, helping out people each week :) LOL! Great family show. I loved that dog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. SS, that's one of my favorites, too - I loved the contrast!
    Martha, thank you! I know when you take them, they're beautiful, though!
    Jan, I haven't heard of The Littlest Hobo, but now I'll have to go google it. I'm glad Max reminded you of a good dog! He is a sweetheart, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Take a minute to share your thoughts and make my day!