Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Elusive

Dreams, coming so close, then skittering out of reach beyond barriers of time and money. 
Happiness, fluctuating with the ebb and flow of frustration and exhaustion levels.
And bluebirds, hiding deep in the boughs of a juniper tree or perching atop telephone poles, mere silhouettes.

Except for this one, who deigned to grace me with his royal blue presence long enough to capture his image.
(I love little gifts like this.)





For every bit of hatred
There's a little bit of love.
For every cloudy morning
There's a midnight moon above.
So don't you forget
You must search
Till you find the bluebird.
You will find peace
And contentment forever
If you will . . .
Be like I
Hold your head up high
Till you find the bluebird of happiness.
You will find
Greater peace of mind
Knowing there's a bluebird of happiness.
And when she sings to you
Though you're deep in blue
You will see a ray of light creep through.
And so remember this
Life is no abyss
Somewhere there's a bluebird of happiness.

(From "Bluebird of Happiness", a song composed in 1934 by Sandor Harmoni, Edward Heyman and Harry Parr Davies. For the complete lyrics, click HERE.)

6 comments:

  1. Your bluebirds look different than ours. I'll go do some research.

    Great captures!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...looks like a Mountain Bluebird. Right?

    BTW...love the dancing shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow very nice shots
    You must take lots
    I especially like the last
    You must have shot that fast
    A very nice post
    Now I go back to my rhyming roast

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome shots! All we have are bluejays around here. I did manage to capture a blue bird with a bright yellow beak while I was in Louisiana last week, but I have no idea what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think he's posing in that first one just for you. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They've gone back into hiding now - I'm very grateful this one was so accommodating that day!

    ReplyDelete

Take a minute to share your thoughts and make my day!