Saturday, December 22, 2012

Trail of Lights, Part 2: Storytime


Besides traveling through magical, colorful, glowing tunnels  at Austin's Trail of Lights
you also journey through many beloved children's stories and other icons of childhood.


The night Max wore his wolf suit and made mischief of one kind and another his mother called him "WILD THING!" and Max said "I'LL EAT YOU UP!" 
so he was sent to bed without eating anything. 




(Grocery store chain HEB passes out free books to children on the Trail. Awesome!)




"Your fight is with me, you miserable mouse! Not a defenseless old soldier!"
(This nutcracker is a little scary, isn't it? Especially in person - he was about 20 feet tall!)




I'll be honest, I'm not sure what story this is from. 
But look at its face! 
I love this dinosaur/sea serpent/dragon!
(Anyone know?)




I spent hours playing Candyland when I was little. 
Rumor has it I knew how to stack the cards when I was 3 years old so I could win. 
I was a genius!




"When someone says How-do-you-do, just say you didn't." ~ Eeyore
(Eeyore is my favorite. But don't tell Pooh or Piglet or Tigger.)




Of course, Santa was there, taking last minute requests.




Food trailers! Hot chocolate, turkey legs, Chinese food... even crepes!




Merry Christmas again! 
My kids will be here tomorrow and I might actually get my tree decorated. 
Even if I don't, it will be a wonderful weekend and the joy of Christmas is in my heart.
 I hope it is in yours. 
Wishing you tons of Christmas blessings!

5 comments:

  1. These are so crisp, clear and amazing!

    Enjoy your family and your Christmas... I know you will and you'll take beautiful photos to share with me, too. I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those lights are amazing.

    Enjoy Christmas with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful children's book decorations. I love the book, Where the Wild Things Are". Fantastic that REAL books were being given out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute displays! eclectic mix of foods! :)

    enjoy your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some terrific holiday displays Barbara!
    Wishing you a wonderful holiday season!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Take a minute to share your thoughts and make my day!