Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Slow Day at the Winery

It doesn't happen very often, but every so often we get a slow day at the winery bistro where I work. 

Slow enough to bring out my camera and start shooting.



Fancy belongs to one of the employees and often spends her days at the winery.
Isn't she precious? 



Views from the back patio, above and below...




(No, the vines aren't dead. Just resting.)



"Life is beautiful!"



My office.



Such a beautiful place to work.





Travis, one of the sous chefs, with a gourmet wood-fired pizza fresh from the oven.



Where culinary magic happens.



Another cutie who comes to visit. 
I can't remember his name, though!



I loved the contrast of golden light against approaching storm clouds.



Hanging on.




Hope you enjoyed the visit!


Linking up with

laf Custom Designs



Thank you, Hilary!!


17 comments:

  1. i know you probably get used to it, but i'd weigh 400 lbs. (red wine and pizza... oy!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, just beautiful!! Love the close-ups/macros ... especially the wine glasses and the vine in the sunlight. Such a lovely photo-essay on where you work. Of course, I love the pups too. Thanks so much for sharing, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, nice to see where you work. I especially the contrast between the stormy sky and the golden field.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos, PLUS I get to see your magnificent work place. So lovely! I like your doggie visitors & wonder if they beg a bite of pizza now and then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun to learn this about you Barb -- I didn't know you worked at a winery. What an awesome workplace to go to... love!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos. How fun to work at a winery/bistro. I think most wineries that we visit have a dog around. I think wine and dogs need to go together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful views and restaurant! Your photos should be added to their web site methinks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my favorite things about wineries (besides the wine) is the great views all around them. Your winery is no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous set of shots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Travis's pizza looks amazing!

    And Fancy looks very sweet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is a lovely place to work .. what do you do there?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos...and my kind of office! Thanks for visiting my blog, too!

    (I am a children's librarian...)

    Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the tour Barbara! So wonderful! Well and of course the pups are extra cute!
    Hope you are keeping well!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Barbara,
    Thank you for the wonderful tour of where you work! It must be so much fun to have a bar as your "office". LOL Love your photos, especially the one of the stormy sky and the warm colors of the vines(?)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful work place. I'll bet the smells and tastes are just as wonderful as the sights. Gorgeous canine visitors, too. I very much enjoyed the tour, Barbara. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. came back to say congrats on your POTW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your pics! That mouth-watering pizza... yum.... tempting!
    Seems like a nice place to work.
    Congrats on the POTW award!

    ReplyDelete

Take a minute to share your thoughts and make my day!