Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Wild Things Part 4: Turtles!

So, whadda ya wanna to do?



Uh, I dunno. Whadda you wanna do?


I warned you there would be some turtles wandering up here. 
It just took them awhile to get here. 


You know... 
...they're turtles.


They're not in a hurry to get anywhere.


Especially these, it appears. 
They live in a pond on the University of Texas campus.


I got distracted by them during Daniel's photo shoot



I had developed a severe case of turtle-photo envy because Beth at Be Yourself Everyone Else is Taken kept posting great turtle shots. 
(Of course, now I can't find any of her turtle shots to link to to show you.) 
(You just have to trust me they were great.)


I'm over it, now, anyway. 
Turtles are cute, but let's face it... they're not very exciting.
(These are all separate shots!)




10 comments:

  1. They're really stretching there necks out for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shots. We don't have turtles around here. I'd be taking pictures of them if we did, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw they are very sweet Barbara... I love turtles - I think they must be a good cure for people with too high blood pressure. Something so calming about watching them. Love the 4th and last image in particular! Love those dangling chillin' legs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They surely are cute little guys!
    Wonderful photographs Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your turtles! The shot of the lazy one (4th photo) is my favorite. Maybe because I am wishing I just just spend my day stretched out on a rock or something without a care in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so much adorable-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you know how i love turtles and these are fantastic....i love belly flopped photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! I can't believe they let you and your son get so close. Usually as soon as they see me they hurry and hide under water. :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been awhile...but I'm back!
    (Thank you for your kind wishes!)
    I love the turtles, unfortunately my girls have quite a fear of turtles. They also have quite a fear of frogs...I'm beginning to notice some sort of theme : )
    Your pics are beautiful, as always!

    ReplyDelete

Take a minute to share your thoughts and make my day!