Monday, July 4, 2011

On this 4th of July, just remember...


"Just remember, as you celebrate the 4th of July weekend that there are 6,118 between Soldiers, Marines, Airmen, and members of the Navy that paid the ultimate cost for you to be able to...This Shit Ain't Free (TSAF)! We are very blessed to be from the USA!" ~ Heath Williamson, United States Army 

Heath, the son of one of my dearest friends, has served two tours in Iraq. He posted this on Facebook last night and when I saw it, I knew I needed to share it.

Happy birthday to the United States of America. I may grumble about you at times, but I'm always grateful to call you my homeland.

Thank you, Heath, and all of the others who serve so valiantly to guard the freedom we too often take for granted.

(Click HERE to read more about TSAF.)




Ours is the only country deliberately founded on a good idea.  ~John Gunther

I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives.  I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.  ~Abraham Lincoln



Patriotism is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime. ~ Adlai E. Stevenson



What is the essence of America?  Finding and maintaining that perfect, delicate balance between freedom "to" and freedom "from."  ~Marilyn vos Savant, in Parade



And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I won't forget the men who died,who gave that right to me. ~ Lee Greenwood




Intellectually I know that America is no better than any other country; emotionally I know she is better than every other country.  ~Sinclair Lewis

7 comments:

  1. A good reminder.. and wonderful pics. I hope you have a fine 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a Happy 4th! Perfect post for today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm watching fireworks and listening to Lee Greenwood as I write. Thanks for the tribute and the spectacular fireworks shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly a wonderful post Barbara!
    I hope your 4th of July was wonderful in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this was beautiful and an amazing reminder.....thank you....xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This day remember me D Day and Omaha Beach...
    Greetings from France,

    Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beauty in those photographs - such quality word filled images...

    ReplyDelete

Take a minute to share your thoughts and make my day!