Thursday, February 2, 2012

Sunset on Clear Lake

Dinner with friends Sunday night.
Through the window, I could see the sky turn gold.
I could feel the magic of a sunset on the water pulling me.



So when my host suggested I walk out to the pier to capture it on my camera...


I didn't argue.





How strange this fear of death is! We are never frightened at a sunset. 
~ George McDonald






Every time you wake up and ask yourself, What good things am I going to do today?, remember that when the sun goes down at sunset, it will take a part of your life with it. 
~ Indian Proverb





The sky broke like an egg into full sunset and the water caught fire. 
~ Pamela Hansford Johnson



It is almost impossible to watch a sunset and not dream. 
~ Bern Williams




The sunrise is God's greeting - the sunset, his signature. 
~ Unknown



Peace... is seeing a sunset, and knowing who to thank.
 ~ Unknown


11 comments:

  1. Great eye Barbara! Once again awesome photos! I know God provided much of the subject matter but your keen eye captured it exquisitely :) I loved what you did with the deck and pier ones as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Barbara.

      The coldest winter will be melted by your warm heart.
      The works gently accept all visitors.

      I praise your creative art sense.
      The prayer for all peace.
      
      Have a good weekend.
    From Japan, ruma ❃

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are just beautiful. and sprinkling the quotes in there, i could feel my soul open up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Barbara...thanks for this
    generous serving
    of peace:)
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness Barbara, what a stunning sunset.
    How fortunate you were to be able to capture it.
    Sending you wishes for a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got carried away with this gorgeous sunset, and I did not thank you for sharing all of this beauty with us at The Creative Exchange!

    Thank you so much my Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. camera always on hand...just like it should be! great sunset and evening that you will now be able to view and remember forever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - these shots are just stunning! And it looks so lovely and warm...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, wow. Beautiful sunset. I also love the bokeh in the wine glass shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beauty of a sunset. And I could just reach out a grab a sip of that wine.

    ReplyDelete

Take a minute to share your thoughts and make my day!