Friday, December 30, 2011

More of this, please...

Tomorrow is the last day of December.
There were days during the month when my heart was heavy, touched by news of loss and goodbyes. 

But December was also a month of celebrations, friendship, homemade treats, good food, music... all draped in glittering lights.
Here are a few of my favorite shots, reminding me of those brightest moments...



My oldest turned twenty-six... I was there to take photos!
(and just this week proposed to the love of his life! For more on that, go HERE.)



There were graduation celebrations (above, my son's friend's graduation from UT) and lots of parties (below).




...at the winery...



...with my dear friends from high school...



...the last annual hangar party, a bittersweet celebration...






Besides the tempting treats above at my Martha Stewart-ish friend Darla's home...


we found sweets in abundance when we visited Tom's parents in Florida.
The plates above miraculously stayed full no matter how many we ate!



Our trip was made sweeter by plenty of card-playing, like the cribbage game above between Tom and his mom...



...and a day at the beach. (More shots from this later.)




Santas and nutcrackers stood watch under my mother-in-law's angel tree



My sister-in-law Erin's home was twinkling all over with Christmas... as you can see from her table above...



...and this wonderful old star that topped their tree.





Even the winery was decorated for the season.

All month I found beautiful decorations glittering inside...


...and out.

Thank you for your friendship and for all of words of encouragement you've given me this year.
I hope when you think back on December... and all of 2011... you're able to find plenty of sweet moments sprinkling your memory as well.

Happy New Year to all of you!



6 comments:

  1. Nice shots. Seems like there was plenty to celebrate in 2011. Wishing you a wonderful 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful and delicious looks into your month. :) many more happy memories to come in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful snapshots of the month, Barbara. Wishing you and yours a very Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea.... I might have to try this next year... Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you all the best in 2012 Barbara!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your 'review'...
    Looking forward to your thoughts and images in the coming year.

    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Take a minute to share your thoughts and make my day!