Thursday, August 15, 2013

Good Morning!



Good morning!

Just popping in to let those of you who only follow me here know I'm still alive. 
Just busy. 

(For details, check my other blog, Long Hollow.)

But I have managed a few morning walks with my camera and the puppies in the past couple of weeks 
and thought I'd share my favorite shots...




Flowers can come in green, too, 
but I always forget that until I peer in close 
for a good look at summer weeds.

(Thanks to Theresa aka TexWis Girl, I now know the top flower is called Snow-On-The-Prairie. Perfect! Thanks, Theresa!




The American Beautyberry is coming along. 




Can you see Belle turned back to look at me, 
looking at them through the flowers? 
They think I'm crazy. 

But they're very patient and love me anyway.




These little yellow flowers died back a few weeks ago but seemed to have gotten a second wind.




Yellow flowers of all kinds are springing up from the rocky ground in the Hollow.




In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. 
~ Aaron Rose

Hope your August is full of color and light, even if it's speeding past like mine!



12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. They seem, each one, like an exquisite little inspiration for a piece of jewelry.

    I have photos of distant puzzled dogs too, so that one made me smile:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the snow-on-the-prairie is starting to come in here, now, too. we have bitterweed for our yellow blooms - that's about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your eyes for beauty;
    thanks for sharing the wonder,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've ever seen one like that first flower, at least that I can recall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We need more time in the day to do all we want to do and still blog! LOL!
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend Barbara!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some lovely shots here, as always. Love the lacy curtain and that first white flower. What is it, please? The beauty berry is so appealing also but I absolutely love that last shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm especially drawn to the last photo although they are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness, these are beautiful, Barbara!
    I especially love the purple one. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it.

    P.S. Are you done with your classes yet?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, what is the first picture, the white flower?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning! Thank you for lifting me first thing . . So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Take a minute to share your thoughts and make my day!