Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Belated Lessons from the Third Shoot

One evening way back in April, I spent a few hours traipsing after my friend Debbie's precious family with my camera.

It  just hit me I never posted any of them here!






We had scheduled and rescheduled the shoot at least twice trying to work around the weather and other conflicts, and we had to do it in the evening when the kids were tired, but I'm pleased - and I think she is - with the way they turned out.






Then there was another delay. 
Before I had a chance to really look at them, my friends and family  pitched in and bought me a new computer for my birthday - a Mac! - which meant I had to load my editing software, not to mention learn how to use the computer.
(I'm not complaining, believe me!)






But Debbie is truly a saint and never complained. 
That's no excuse for me, though. I learned from this shoot that no matter what happens, I need to make my client's photos a top priority. 
I need to have a quick turnaround, no matter how saintlike and patient they are.








I also learned...

... bubbles might be tough for 4- and 5-year-olds 

 ... let the client know they are off the hook for trying to get the little ones to smile, and to just relax and keep looking at me

... if possible,  schedule the shoot in the morning when little ones aren't tired, but if that's not possible, follow them around and catch them doing what they enjoy (I'm glad I wore tennis shoes!)










Debbie, thank you again so much for letting me spend time with you and your beautiful family!!

27 comments:

  1. maybe it worked in your favor to have the kids tired? still look like they had plenty of energy to me. :) such cuties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plenty of energy, but no desire for cooperation left. lol But they were dolls and I got a few smiles!

      Delete
  2. I'm sure she will be very pleased with these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little family! Good job Barbara!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really were so much fun to follow around! Thanks, Catherine!

      Delete
  4. This looks like the creek in Round Rock where the actual round rock is. Gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is that creek, Gina! Good eye! Thank you!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara, these are magnificent! Well worth the wait, I'd say. Bet you are enjoying that new Mac!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am enjoying it!! What a difference! Thanks, Ms. A!

      Delete
  7. A lovely family -- and your captures are so very special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy. I hoped to at least capture them having fun together, and I think I did that.

      Delete
  8. Barbara, you did good! What lens did you shoot with? Did you use several and have to change? I would have no patience for that. Beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gail! I used three lenses - my 18 to 55 and my 50mm a little, but mostly my 70-200mm.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful photos! You captured them so well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bambini sono il nostro futuro, il sorriso di un bimbo scalda il nostro cuore! buona giornata....ciao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are our futures - I guess that's why I love photographing their smiles!

      Delete
  11. They are indeed a beautiful family, Barbara!
    My favorite is the second one. You have captured this precious little one so perfectly.
    Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! That's one of my favorites, too!

      Delete
  12. It is always too good to spend a day with a happy family.

    We become very happy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right.... I know I smiled a lot that day! And still smile when I look at them!

      Delete

Take a minute to share your thoughts and make my day!