Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Colors of Autumn

After a dull, dry summer that followed a near-flowerless spring, these splashes of color in the Hollow, washed in autumn's golden light...

Sigh. 

They make my soul sing.




Chrysanthemums, splashes of yellow and red to welcome my guests... courtesy of my sweet friend Rae.



A stray leaf, just a splash of orange on the dirt road.


Young acorns, splashes of green and symbols of hope for the squirrels.



From green to deep orange in the blink of an eye - no middle ground here.



Wildflowers, splashes of purple, color of spring and autumn. 
Color of transition.


Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.

George Eliot
English novelist and journalist, 19th century

14 comments:

  1. beautiful shots! i especially love the 2nd one! yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was happily surprised when my yellow mums started blooming a couple of weeks ago. Lovely images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What marvellous autumn shots - such soft colours. And congrats to Daniel on his job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All this color is simply delightful! Lovely photos as always Barbara!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful autumn color captures! The mums are particularly nice. Love the Eliot quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! You found some fall color! Adore the 1st and 2nd shots. Exquisite!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful autumn photographs Barbara!
    I absolutely love the acorns.
    Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you captured the essence of fall! Thank you for stopping by my blog to link up. There was a minor glitch with the link up but it is back on again and there is time to link up :o)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Acorns never looks so pretty. Are the mums turning color because they get cold?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Count me among Autumn's enthusiasts. This time of year invigorates me physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. I drink in every moment I can and store it for as long as possible.

    'Cause we all know winter's coming, with its long, dark nights of the soul....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicious photos, Barbara. That first one is a gem.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, everyone! TB, I really don't know anything about mums! A friend gave me these - I'm going to do my best to keep them alive!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how lovely!! Those baby acorns steal my heart :)

    ReplyDelete

Take a minute to share your thoughts and make my day!