Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Snow-Covered Morning (part 3)


Highs in the 70's. Tons of sunshine. 
No flowers lining the road, but plenty of green, thanks to the juniper and yucca, 
and the birds are singing like it's Springtime.

Could that really be it for us? No more Winter?
Between you and me, I hope the birds are right.
But it makes me extra glad I took so many shots of the snow while we had it.


Let's see, where were we? Oh, yeah... puppies playing...


They weren't the only ones playing in the snow it seems...


Not quite enough snow to cover the rocks, but that's okay. 
I love the shadows...




Why do I love photographing barbed wire and cedar posts?





Not much difference in snow and caliche...


Except snow angels are much easier than caliche angels...


More shots of the dogs, of course...





The pond even started freezing up... (although I wouldn't try ice skating on it!)






When there’s snow on the ground, I like to pretend I’m walking on clouds.

~Takayuki Ikkaku and Arisa Hosaka


That's it until next year! 
(I'm pretty sure, anyway. This is Texas, after all. You never know what the weather is going to do.)


5 comments:

  1. I like the angel shot. The dogs are cute, too. I can totally understand why you'd be excited about snow.

    In fact, for all the complaining I do, we moved from California long ago because we missed winter. I like to remind myself of that when it's still cold in June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time for Spring. Enough already with the winter scenes, beautiful though they undoubtedly are.
    I want sun and warmth and fewer layers and the green shoots of new life.

    Ah well, patience is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the barbed wire shots. I remember as a girl, going on hikes, going very carefully between the strips of barbed wire (we called it bob wire) that kept us from our goal. My jeans always had nicks on the seat of the pants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful shots Barbara!
    I especially love the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!
    WL, I used to call it 'bobwire' too! And I have a big scar on my leg from crossing between two strands (unsuccessfully!) when I was 7 or 8!

    ReplyDelete

Take a minute to share your thoughts and make my day!