Saturday, December 14, 2013

A Day in Fredericksburg Texas - Part 2 (Inside, where it was warm!)

Fredericksburg is only an hour or so away from Austin. 

Go by way of bus with a dozen other realtors and that hour passes fast... 


...especially if most of them are women! 

We slipped into this little restaurant on the main street for a coffee to-go. 
Ammunition against the freezing temperature and brisk wind outside.

All of the shops are inside historic buildings and show off the great architectural details. 



I should have bought this for my son and daughter-in-law.
I hope they're happy with just a photo of it.



Look who's keeping an eye on the store in Dogologie!



Stylishly bundled up against the cold.
Precious!



Embroidered boots! How do they do that?


If I hadn't just bought a pair of boots... 
(and if I had an extra few hundred bucks lying around...) 


Hmmmm....makes you think.



When in a German town, you have to drink a German beer...




My view as I ate my Reuben sandwich (and drank my German beer.)



More of our group wandered in later...



This unique stair railing graced the inside of one of the shops...



Such a cute idea!



On the way home, we stopped at Messina Hof winery for a tasting...




It was the perfect way to spend a winter day in Texas...
...although, honestly, Fredericksburg is great in any season!

2 comments:

  1. beer, wine, indoors, cute places. and a bus chauffeur. yup, a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great day to me. How wonderful that you can combine so many interesting things with your work.. fun people.. cute sights.. good eats and fine photography. Love that little bundled up pooch!

    ReplyDelete

Take a minute to share your thoughts and make my day!