Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Wing and Blossom... peeking, posing, proliferating

Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. 
If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. 
Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. 
And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.
~Fyodor Dostoyevsky


Peeking...


One of the visitors to our feeders... not as shy as the cardinals.



Posing...


A blue dragonfly finally visited Long Hollow... 
...he graciously, patiently posed for me.






Proliferating...


My mysterious, wild, blooming-like-crazy purple flowers - if anyone knows what they are, please tell me!
They're already starting to fade into their reddish foliage...
...very autumn-like and beautiful itself...

so I apologize in advance if the balance of my photos tip in their favor.
It's so I can remember them when they're gone.
(And also because it's easier to share them all than to decide which ones not to share.)



















5 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics Barbara! Love the dragonfly the best :) God gave you some good material to work with there! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. great quote!! :-)

    Love that dragonfly, too. You are the master when it comes to dragonflies!

    I'll pass this post on to your twin, Lynne and see if she can identify them. She has a Master Gardener certification.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Yes Liz, he gave me some beautiful material!
    Thanks for asking Lynne, Jill! (I take only partial credit for the dragonfly... most of it goes to God, my camera and the dragonfly for posing so well!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful quote. and those purple things are lovely. that's something i could easily shoot 100s of shots. heck, i shot hundreds of shots today of weeds, lol.
    ♥ maureen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Maureen. I'm sure I'll have some weed shots up here before too long!

    ReplyDelete

Take a minute to share your thoughts and make my day!