Thursday, May 1, 2014

Fence, a la Texas

Holy cow!
It's been more than a month since I published a post here.
I can't believe it!

I've had some ideas for posts, but that's as far as they got. 
Just ideas. 

Between working my real estate gig, some photography shoots, my mom's trip to the emergency room and subsequent gall bladder surgery, the days have just flown by.

I have managed to post at least once a week over at Long Hollow, but I do feel bad that I've neglected this one so long.

I'm grateful to TexWisGirl over at The Run*A*Round Ranch for her weekly Fence meme, which made me go searching for some of my own fence photos...








Well, you can see there's not a lot of variety when it comes to fences in my neighborhood. 
I think an old barbed wire fence is a piece of art, so I don't mind.

But this beauty bordering the Texas State Capitol grounds in Austin is my hands-down favorite.



Click on the image to see more 


8 comments:

  1. ha! i had been thinking of you earlier this week and wondered if i still wasn't getting your feed properly!

    hoping your mom is doing better now. and i love your fence shots! i appreciate barbed wire and old wire fences, too. nice finds, all of them! the stars do make a statement. thanks for linking in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always appreciate the artistic value of old fences and don't recall seeing a fence with the stars on top and it's perfect for Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like your fence shots very much. The barbed wire is really neat. That 1st photo is lovely. I do agree though the last fence with the stars is pretty cool looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love the barbed wire and the weather wood in the fences.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In your de-fence.. you've been busy. ;)

    Love the barbed wire images.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the barbed wire, Barbara, especially the one in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was looking for you a while back, so glad to see your beuatiful photos appear once again. hope it is not too hot in Texas!

    ReplyDelete

Take a minute to share your thoughts and make my day!