Monday, March 10, 2014

Freeze!

"It is said that in a certain faraway land the cold is so intense that words freeze as soon as they are uttered, and after some time thaw and become audible, so that words spoken in winter go unheard until the next summer. "
~Author Unknown



Last Tuesday 
Winter reminded us it was technically still her season.

I woke to a crystal-like wonderland out my window.



Naturally, I grabbed my camera and headed outside.


Drops of rain from Monday night's thunderstorm were frozen in place, 
like Time stood still.
















I think the sparrows were worried Winter was going to stick around awhile. 
They went on a feeding frenzy at the birdfeeder.


But it was all gone later that day. 
It's March in Texas, after all.



10 comments:

  1. How very very gorgeous! Love these icy shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ice is always so pretty - even thought it's dangerous.
    I hope now more ice for you!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it didn't harm any of your plants! Lovely captures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brrrr!
    Are you glad it’s gone?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make it all so beautiful through your lens. Thank You. I'll remember these photos as it begins to snow again this evening . . .
    Lovely Day to YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. really beautiful. i just got this in my feed reader today (3/26). weird.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. I'd almost feel sorry for you.. if we didn't still have two feet of snow up here. ;)

    Ice sure does bring beauty with it's sometimes-destructive ways. Your images show its prettier, more delicate side. So pretty.

    Oh and I see this is an older post.. hmmm. Just like Tex, I got it along with the Cedar Waxwing one and Birds of a Feather.. all indicating that you posted them 18 hours ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos and that first quote could apply to this part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are beautiful, but I'm glad we didn't get any of that. I've already had to cut everything down in my yard from the "unusual for my part of Texas" weather.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just noticed Tex's comment and wanted to let you know that this JUST showed up on MY dashboard today!!! Talk about late!

    ReplyDelete

Take a minute to share your thoughts and make my day!