Thursday, June 7, 2012

On an early morning walk...

Life is busier than ever right now, but I'm hanging on to my morning walks as often as possible. 


Grab a bottle of water (it's hot, even first thing in the morning), douse yourself with bug spray (we're in the woods, after all), and come along with me...

Purple thistle still adds bright splashes of color to the hollow. 
A dandelion vagabond is resting on the stem of this one.


The ponds are drying up fast. We need rain!


About a dozen different types of yellow flowers are blooming, though. 
They love the sunshine!


These odd little plants grow near the bend in our road. 
I loved how the morning light caught them and brought out the different colors.


Doesn't this web look like a tattered sail? 
I'm not sure if that's a spider weaving a web, or a bug caught in a spider's web near the bottom. 
What do you think?


This large daisy is growing all alone. 
I hope more follow its lead!



Woods bokeh.
Morning light coming through the trees is magical.


I startled this heron and barely captured its escape in my camera.


Wild chicory, I think. 
It only opens in the morning.
A reward for early risers.



This tiny beauty is about the size of a marble.


Thanks for tagging along!

Time to grab another cup of coffee, sit on the deck while the puppies eat, and listen to the birds for a few minutes before revving it back up to full speed.

Hope you have a beautiful day!

An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day. 
~ Henry David Thoreau

17 comments:

  1. Barbara,

    It isn't often that I take walks. Thanks for this one. I really enjoyed the peace and solitude of your photos. I especially like the woods bokeh and the thistle.

    Have a blessed day!

    ♥charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming along, Charlotte! The peace and solitude are what keep me heading out each morning. (Also the eager faces of the puppies, of course. lol)

      Delete
  2. so pretty! i hope you got some rains from this front last night. we got almost 3 inches and it was FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, still no rain. Sigh. I thought for sure we'd get some this morning but I guess it fizzled out before it got here, dang it. Glad you got some, though!

      Delete
  3. the flower shots are outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get some rain soon Barbara.
    If I remember correctly, there was a serious lack of rain there last year too.
    I feel sorry for the birds, etc.

    Your photographs here are just beautiful. I especially love the buttercups. We have a huge field of these, and they keep blooming for the longest time.

    Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I thought for sure it was going to rain today, but it all passed us by. We thought we were headed out of the drought, but it appears to be switching back in that direction again. Hope you've had a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  5. If only I could be a morning person, walking would probably clear my head faster than a shower. Love your images and what you see on your walk. Not missing the Texas drought condition, I must say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gail. I think the Dallas area is getting plenty of rain these days. It just doesn't flow down to us!!

      Delete
  6. I'm (supposed to be) getting my new camera tomorrow. Are you ready???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Although I bet you don't need my help!!

      Delete
  7. if not for the bugs, I'd be there right alongside you ... love this morning walk ... thanks for asking me along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bugs are NOT my favorite part, that's for sure. Ugh.

      Delete
  8. Thank you for taking us along on this bright and sunny walk Barbara!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Take a minute to share your thoughts and make my day!